We care about your privacy & security.
As a lender dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of customer care and in compliance with privacy legislation, Keystone Finance Solutions hereby undertakes to uphold and abide by these principles.
Your privacy is important to Keystone (referred to as “we”, “our” or “us” in this policy). The purpose of this policy is to tell you what personal information we collect about you, how we use it, whether we disclose it to anyone else, how long we keep it, and how you can request access to your personal information or obtain more information about our privacy policies.
“Keystone” means Keystone Finance Inc. and the trade name Keystone Finance Solutions.
Personal information, as used in this policy, means any information about an identifiable individual, but does not include an individual’s business contact information. It also does not include your home address and telephone number if these are published in a telephone or other public directory.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted by phone (204.256.2300), fax (1.866.220.6571), or mail (Keystone Finance Solutions, 1780 Wellington Avenue, Suite 104, Winnipeg, MB R3H 1B3, Attention: Privacy Officer).
What Personal Information do we collect?
Keystone limits the amount and type of personal information collected to what is necessary for the administration of its business.
Personal information we collect includes:
- Customer name and contact information, including mailing address, telephone number(s), fax number and email address;
- Additional information for identity matching and credit verification purposes such as occupation, name of employer, names and contact information for references, assets, liabilities, income, previous addresses, number of dependents, Social Insurance Number (if provided), date of birth and driver’s license number;
- Information about the account, loan, or mortgage, such as current and historical account, loan or mortgage information, balance and indebtedness, account transaction history and similar information, and records relating to the handling of any inquiries or complaints;
- Payment-related information, such as banking information; and
- Such other information which we may collect either with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
Provision of your Social Insurance Number (SIN) is optional. However, you should be aware that most Credit Reporting Agencies use the SIN as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide you SIN, our ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
Purposes of Collecting and Maintaining Personal Information
We collect your personal information for the administration of our business. More specifically, we may collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage and promote the business activities of Keystone;
- To verify the identity and other information provided by customers and to determine eligibility for products and services;
- To open, administer and service accounts, loans or mortgages, and to provide and administer any requested products or services;
- To evaluate current and ongoing creditworthiness and other requirements and to determine customer eligibility or suitability for products or services offered by Keystone;
- To advertise, market and promote, by mail, email, telephone or other electronic means, Keystone’s products and services to customers who have not opted out of such communications;
- To establish business relationships and to communicate with, and provide quality service to customers;
- To collect outstanding accounts;
- To protect the business interests of Keystone and its customers through the detection and prevention of fraud, and other unauthorized and illegal activities;
- To maintain business records for reasonable periods to meet legal and regulatory records retention requirements; and
- For other purposes with your consent and/or as permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
Keystone may disclose some or all of your personal information to other parties for reasons which may include:
- Credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies, and/or your current or future creditors for the purpose of maintaining your credit history and providing credit references;
- Financial institutions for payment processing purposes;
- Third parties as reasonably necessary;
- To enforce your contracts with us and otherwise for the collection or payment of a debt owed to us;
- For the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud;
- In connection with audits;
- For the purposes of meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, industry self-regulatory, risk management and security requirements; and
- For other purposes with your consent and/or as permitted or required by law.
In the course of fulfilling the purposes described above, Keystone may transfer your personal information to service providers, including affiliates or other third party organizations or individuals retained by us to perform functions on our behalf, such as marketing, data processing, customer service, office, security, collections, insurance, financial and taxation services. When personal information is transferred to service providers, we use contractual or other means to ensure that a comparable level of protection is provided. Some of our service providers may be located in the United States and will be subject to applicable legal requirements in that country including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in certain circumstances.
Keystone may also use and disclose personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets (including your account, loan or mortgage), for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Assignees or successors of our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Policy.
Security and Retention
We use your personal information only for the purposes identified above and access to your personal information is limited to those employees and agents who require access for the performance of their job requirements or duties. Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to fulfill identified purposes and/or as required by law.
Access and Accuracy
Keystone will establish and maintain a file containing an individual’s personal information for the purposes described above. Individuals have the right to request access to or correction of their personal information that is held by us. If you wish to access your personal information, you should contact our Privacy Officer. Provision of copies of records containing personal information may be subject to a fee. We will use our best efforts to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Email, Text and Website Communication
Keystone does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications made by you via email, text, through our website or other electronic means. If you wish to provide information of a confidential or sensitive nature to Keystone, please contact us directly by telephone to arrange for delivery/transmission of such information by secure means.
In certain circumstances, as permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual. These circumstances include but are not limited to: personal information that is publicly available as defined by regulation; where collection is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way; where disclosure is made for the purposes of collecting a debt owed to us; or to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court order.